Field Services You Can Trust
From start-ups to quick fixes to major disruptions like lightning strikes, when you need support and service, A&E Engineering is there. And when we say “there” we mean our people are on site at your plant, because we know we can’t solve problems from behind a desk, miles away.
Why choose A&E Engineering for field services? We realize you have many options for maintenance, installation and support. You could choose that local, low-cost independent guy down the road; contract directly with the myriad of trade people required for your project; or choose a giant engineering firm with a one-size-fits-all service package.
Or, you could choose the firm that fits you: A&E Engineering.
We’ve got the right people, available when you need them. We’re a more nimble company with the breadth and depth to fill the many nooks and crannies of expertise to help keep your plant running smoothly, including significant experience with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and software systems.
We provide round-the-clock coverage. And our no-commitment, one-call service agreement enables you to access A&E support when you need it most.
We take a structured, experience-based approach to your plant start-up. That includes testing every part of the system against a proprietary, multi-point checklist we’ve developed over years of start-ups at multiple sites. Our Field Service team members have built systems from scratch, worked in a wide variety of plants, and know how to bring that experience together for your benefit.
We manage projects the way you would, if you had time. An experienced A&E employee supervises and manages our installations at your site, coordinating subcontractors to meet your expectations and deliver within the agreed-upon time frame.
We understand that it’s not only WHAT we do, but HOW we do it. We’ll communicate with you and your team clearly and often. We’ll listen to your needs and expectations and we’ll follow through.
Want specifics? Here’s what we can do for you.
- Complete turnkey control system installation
- Production line equipment relocation and modifications
- Installation of electrical and mechanical systems
- Networking and fiber optic cabling
- Implementation of safety upgrades
- Control panel fabrication, installation and termination
- Detailed scheduling and interference planning
Regular or Unplanned Maintenance and Service
- Emergency support when and where you need it
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Variable speed drive and production equipment troubleshooting
- Documentation and compilation of operations and maintenance requirements for long-term reference (O&M manuals and asset management systems)